Thursday, May 24, 2007

Marriage

It truly breaks my heart to see people struggling in their marriages. I have been so blessed with a great marriage. Arguments are few and far between and they are always resolved!

I don't, however, understand the need for some people to argue. It's like they get energy off of it. Then, running away is never the answer. Granted, a cooling-off period might be necessary, but never for more than a couple of hours.

I just want to help. I want to sit down with them and make them talk and work it out. I know it's not my place and that all I can really do is pray for them, it's just frustrating. Marriage should be enjoyable. Of course there will be arguments and of course it's hard work, but it is a union blessed by God and therefore should be a joyous occasion.

I guess I'm just rambling. I just wish I could help...

3 comments:

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Sometimes those arguments are a way of growing closer. You are still a newly wed....

Frasier said...

Hi there,
I am an argu-er.My husband is the walk away type and both these attitudes are because of baggage from our pasts.
I know both methods are not really right but....
Like you said marriage is supposed to be enjoyed!Comes down to give and take ....
At the end of the day I would not trade husbands!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes people just grow apart. It's sad, but true. Do you stay married for the children, because of what people will say, or because God hates divorce? Marriage is a constant "work in progress." When couples stop working, the marriage fails. You just keep praying my dear. There are still some marriages out there that God is blessing. I pray yours is one of them.